Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birthday fun!

Henry celebrated his 2nd birthday last Friday and he had a great day. The first present he got was that I let him stay in his pjs all day long. He hates getting dressed in the morning and he really wanted to wear his pjs even though we were going to be out running errands, but I figured they were warm so it didn't matter. He was quite happy to be in his pjs on his big day. I also let him watch extra TV in the morning including programs that I think are really weird. We gave him a few choices for dinner and he chose hamburgers. We did the same thing for his birthday treat and at first he chose cookies, but then when we were getting ready to make them he decided on brownies. He loved helping me make brownies and being able to lick the spatula.

He also LOVED getting some presents to open and understands the whole concept much better than last year. He had a great time opening the gifts and has enjoyed playing with his new things.





In this picture you can see Henry turning the oven on in the picture. He knows that you need to turn the knobs to cook and wanted to turn the oven on. I'm okay with him pretending to do this with pictures, but am very grateful he can't reach the knobs on our real oven.


Getting ready to blow out the candles, which was he thought was really fun too.
We didn't do anything too big, but he had a blast anyways and really enjoyed his birthday. I've decided that most of the time it's not too hard to please him.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that the little things were the best presents! I totally wish I could stay in my pjs all day on my birthday! And I'm also really excited that I will be able to see you over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete