Henry has started expanding his conversations with me through the day and I find most of the conversations quite amusing. The things he says are random, creative, and sometimes I'm amazed at the things he remembers. I'm also amazed at how well he can copy what I say to him. Here are a few examples of some funny things he has said to me lately.
While we were in Walmart making our way to the fish tanks Henry was talking to me and apparently I was not giving him the attention that he needed so he quite sternly said, 'Mom look eyes, fish swim swimming pool.' I often tell him to look at me in the eyes when I need him to listen to me, but to see him say it was just funny.
While walking in the parking lot Henry said, 'Wait, mom snack.' I told him I would get his snack out once we got in the store, but he was upset by this and then said, 'Stop, birds, come back. Mom birds eat snack'. Apparently he thought the birds were hungry, but we opted to just go inside.
Reading a book he stopped on one page to tell me that there was a hot dog in grandma's mouth. Really, it was her tongue, but I must admit that it looked a lot like a hot dog.
When we were getting ready to go to a basketball game I was telling Henry about the band since he LOVES listening to bands. I told him about the drums, trumpets, etc. He looked at me very seriously and said, 'Mom, trumpet really loud'. Yeah buddy they are, but it'll be fun. He had a good time at the game, but the game was more of a sideshow to the band, people, and the mascot cy.
Henry has learned the phrase 'so excited'. He says it a lot and sometimes when he chooses to say it make me laugh. Here are a few examples of that.
Getting another cucumber slice...so excited
Going to a friends house...so excited
Eating yogurt...so excited
He has also invited several friends to eat lunch with us. When I say friends I really mean his toys (rubber duck, stuffed bird), but the other day he wanted to invite the snowman inside to eat lunch with us. Trying to explain why that wouldn't work was hard, but I finally told him that the snowman is silly and likes to be cold so he wouldn't want to come in where it's warm. Today he wanted the American flag to eat with us. Although I thought this would be tricky at first I ended up drawing a picture and that was good enough for him.
He has learned the phrase, 'how are you?' and comes to me all though the day saying 'Hi Mom, how are you?' and then laughing. The other morning as soon as Pete opened his bedroom door in the morning Henry said 'Hey Dad, how are you?'.
Finally, when the phone rang the other day he ran to where it is, started jumping trying to reach the phone and then just started yelling 'Hello' at the ringing phone.
I love the phone one the best!
ReplyDelete