Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Visit to Florida- part 1

I was able to take the kids to visit my parents for two weeks and it was a great vacation! So nice to see my parents and get spoiled for a bit. We were able to do lots of fun things and I enjoyed the trip down memory lane seeing the kids play with old toys and read old books. I forgot how many Bernstein Bear books we had. :)

My parents hadn't been to Legoland before and wanted to check it out so we spent a day there. I didn't get many pictures as I spent a good bit of time waiting in line to go on rides, but the kids had fun. It was their first time going on 'real' rides and it was fun to be able to take them. It was a hot day and everyone did fairly well being out all day.


The end of the day
Henry remembered going to play miniature golf the last time we visited and was really looking forward to golfing with Grandpa again. We were able to go and Henry got a couple hole-in-ones! We also fed the alligators and turtles they have there, which was a big highlight of the trip.
Picture refusal
Anne's turn feeding the alligators

Watching Grandpa feed them
Of course, the kids also spent so much time swimming they started growing gills. Anne got much more comfortable in the water and Henry passed my unofficial swimming lesson. Henry loved jumping in and doing tricks as well as swimming underwater. He even got Grandma to demonstrate a cannon ball for him. Anne mostly enjoyed being pulled around the pool, but would also blow bubbles and really liked playing motorboat. So much fun playing in the pool.



Please let me come out and play

Diving lesson
Trying to get Anne to float
Can I come in if I put this on?



No comments:

Post a Comment