Picture update of the fun I've been trying to capture this month. January is a hard month for me, so I tried to look for the good and enjoy the moments that I could.
Mae is a total Daddy's girl and Pete really spoils her. She knows she can get what she wants from him. First, Pete gave her some chips and then he held her while she ate her snack. She then decided to put her chips on Pete's shoulder as a plate. She was quite pleased with herself.
On a particularly warm day, Anne asked to have a picnic lunch. I decided to let her enjoy the warmer weather and sunshine and the girls ate on the front steps. I forgot to take a picture while Anne was still eating, but got one of Mae.
Mae likes the thrill of an adventure and is always looking for new ways to explore. One night she manged to climb up and get a sharp kitchen knife from the counter and then make several slits in the window screens in the living room. Hard to see in the picture, but she is a great worker- very thorough. Several slits in both screens.
Here is a note that Henry brought to me when I was very sick in bed (stomach bugs are no fun). It definitely brought a smile to my face.
This picture captures so many things for me and I just love it. Mae has always loved Henry and really looks up to him. Henry is so good to her and does so many great things for and with her. Even though he really wants a brother, I know he loves being around Mae. I came around the corner into the kitchen and saw Mae with her arm around him while they were listening to a kid radio toy. Probably singing the alphabet, but I can't remember what song for sure. Even though some days at home are very rough and exhausting, I love being rewarded with moments like this.
Anne has almost no desire to learn to do things on her own. She is more than happy to sit by and let other people do everything for her. She also struggles some with motor skills/coordination, which I'm sure contributes to this attitude. I am really trying to push her to do more on her own and made a sticker chart for her to learn how to zip her coat. She loved earning stickers every time she did it and she got one prize at the halfway point and another at the end. Winter coats are easier to zip (I think), so I'm glad she is getting confident now before we change coats. I'm still trying to decide what skill to do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment