Thursday, June 30, 2016

Swimming lessons

Henry and Anne just finished up swimming lessons. Anne made enormous improvements and I am so proud of her accomplishments. She now knows that she can really do so much on her own. She had a great lifeguard who helped her out this year. She still needs to work on some leg strength so she can swim a bit further on her own, but I know she'll get there. Henry made a lot of progress on diving. He can do it with decent technique and even dove off both the low and high dive. He said the high dive hurt his head. He also learned some basic strokes, but didn't get a lot of time to practice them. He still needs to work on them, but I know he can if he works hard. They both passed their level and were quite pleased.

I am also pleased with my efforts to keep Mae out of the big pool throughout two weeks of lessons (she isn't old enough for lessons yet). I would put her in her suit and she would play in the sprinklers, but also tested the limits and got quite close to going in. So thankful I didn't have to jump in after her.

I didn't get any pictures of Henry, but got some of Anne having fun after passing her swim test.




No comments:

Post a Comment