- He is no longer confused about the word football. He knows what a football is and doesn't just point to his foot and look at you like you're crazy for suggesting that your foot is a ball.
- He is really enjoying learning his letters. He is starting to sing some of the alphabet song, but mostly just abc and then he jumps to qx. He knows the letter O and points out all the O's that he can find.
- He constantly wants to know what color everything is. The color he says the most is purple, which is interesting since there are almost no purple things in our house.
- He wants to help me do EVERYTHING. He is a good helper with the laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting and in general being an assistant to me. He is not always the best helper in the kitchen because he wants a turn using the knife. That is one area where only moms get a turn and he finds this very frustrating. I let him help me with most everything that I do and he is just learning from observation so quickly. (The other day he got out the pot holders, opened the oven, pulled out the oven rack, pushed it back in, closed the oven and put the pot holders away. The oven was not on and although I've tried to teach him it's not a toy I was surprised to see him do this).
- His recent favorite library book was From Head to Toe by Eric Carle. He thought it was so fun to see pictures of animals and do the same actions as them. When Pete read it to him he added sound effects so that made it even more fun. He LOVES pounding his chest like a gorilla and kicking his legs like a donkey...with sounds, of course.
- He really enjoys peeing in his potty chair and then putting it into the toilet and flushing. Now I'm just waiting for him to learn that this is a way of life and not just a fun activity each day.
- He has learned how to say 'huge mess' and it makes me laugh. This morning he came up to me and said 'huge mess, vacuum'. I just laughed and asked him where the mess was, but he didn't know. Really he just wanted to vacuum, but I didn't feel like it.
- He likes to say 'backhoe' which is really a funny word to hear him say.
- He loves to dance. We watched Rudy earlier this week and every time the band stopped playing the music he would get really upset and tell me he wanted to dance.
- He makes lots of phone calls using lots of objects (remotes, calculators, anything with some buttons on it). I'm really curious who he calls because his side of the conversation seems very important and he always hangs up with purpose.
- Finally, his sleep cycle is way off because he's starting to forgo the afternoon nap so he ends up asleep at weird points in the day sometimes. Here he is being so peaceful I just had to take a picture.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Henry update
Henry is a full of life kind of kid and as his personality continues to shine through we have both good days and long days. Here are some new things about Henry,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment