Thursday, April 19, 2012

Anne can sit!

Anne has really started to change lately and it's surprising how fast things can change with a baby. I guess I've just forgotten so much about having a baby around, but it seems like all of a sudden Anne is growing up. Here are some of the most recent changes.
  • She can sit all on her own! She still tips over occasionally, but for the most part has it down. 
  • She can roll over and over to get the things that she wants. This gets her into trouble sometimes as she ends up stuck or hitting her head or some other issue.
  • She's doing fairly well with her 'solid' foods. She LOVES the infant cereals, does fine with all the vegetables we've introduced so far, but has a harder time with fruits. She'll eat the fruit, but it takes longer for her to warm up to it and she tires of it faster than vegetables. 
  • Her appetite is starting to grow. Now that she's been on 'solids' for almost two months she'll eat an 'average' portion. 
  • She has started to sleep through the night. I put her to bed around 8 and don't get up with her until around 6. Some nights she'll cry for a little while, but not long or hard enough for me to get up. She ends up settling back down within 10 minutes and I'm hoping the good sleep trend will continue. 
  • She's developing a real awareness to who is around and gets upset when she's left alone. Not only can I not step out of her view for one minute, but Henry can't leave her sight either. At lunch, Henry left the table for a minute and she screamed until he came back and sat down next to her. Then she resumed eating. 
Anne 7 months
Anne and Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment