Friday, July 13, 2012

Fourth of July

Our fourth of July was very low key and didn't go exactly as I had planned, but that's par for the course around here. Anyways, we got up and went to a pancake breakfast with our church. We all had a good time there and Henry really enjoyed playing with all the other kids in the sand. After that we went home and the kids took naps, which is just what they needed. When they got up we grilled some hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch and as a special treat had some watermelon. Then we watched a movie, went swimming and got the kids to bed early....it was one of those days. I would have liked to have spent more time outside, but with as hot as it was it was better to be inside.

I tried to teach Henry some about our flag and our country, but I'm not sure what he grasped. I think he was more excited about it being a birthday party and was disappointed that there was no cake.

Henry and Dad had fun doing sparklers on the 5th of July. He told a lot of people about the fireworks he got to do.

Pete and Anne

Henry and his 'fireworks'



1 comment: