Monday, August 13, 2012

Florida vacation- part 2

While on vacation we had some fun outings. We went to Weeki Wachee Springs. We swam in the spring water (which was VERY cold), played in the kids pool and watched a show with live mermaids. Anne slept through the mermaids, but Henry seemed to enjoy it. I don't think I could ever hold my breath long enough to be a mermaid.
Henry going all the way under
Auntie Liz, Anne, Henry
I forgot the toys...


I want to crawl in!

We all really enjoy the zoo, and I'm pretty sure we've gone every time. We did some things this time that we hadn't done before which was fun. We even took a tram ride 'behind the scenes', but thanks to a driver error/miscalculation we ended up with tree and roof debris all over ourselves. I didn't hear anything the driver said after that incident. Liz and I decided to go on another ride and my Mom said we would only get splashed, not too wet. So of course, we got soaked and were not prepared for it at all. I was also a bit scared and think I'm getting too old for rides, but figured if I didn't get buckled in it couldn't be that bad. I wish I could live close to a zoo someday...
Henry feeding the giraffe some lettuce

Cooling off


It tickles!
Sharing with other goats
Before the splash
Henry and Emily on a camel ride

Henry on a pony ride

Henry on a train ride
Henry and Grandma petting sting rays

Henry got to go miniature golfing for the first time too. He LOVED it and we ended up going a second time. I didn't get any pictures, but Henry was very persistent trying to get his ball in and was willing to help everyone else too. He played Grandmas ball both times we went. He also had to be persuaded to take a drink of water even though his face was bright red and his head was sweating. He just didn't want to stop for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment