Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Henry can ride a bike!

Henry had been practicing riding his bike without training wheels in the fall, but was really nervous about it and wasn't really getting better. We tried, but I figured he just wasn't ready. We ended up getting him a scooter for Christmas, just as a fun toy for the basement during winter. Well, I think it really helped him with his balance. Maybe not, but that's what I'm thinking. Anyways, this spring he was MUCH better, but still struggled with confidence. He could totally do it on his own, but if I wasn't right next to him he would freak out. After more practice (and a lot of patience) he has it mastered (as much as a 4 year old can master it). He starts on his own, rides down the street a bit and then comes back to the driveway.

While riding, he like to yell out various phrases. Here are some of them:
  • Yee-Haw!
  • Watch out!
  • I'm faster than the cars!
It's been fun to watch him ride around because he gets so excited and happy every time he makes it back to the driveway. We are all proud of our bike rider!

Turning around
Love his face

I did it!!

2 comments: