Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mothers Day

I had a wonderful Mothers day weekend this year. I had told Pete a few weeks before that I really wanted to go on a hike for Mothers day, but go on Saturday and not Sunday. At the beginning of the week it looked like it was going to rain and I was a bit disappointed. I then told Pete all these things that I wanted for breakfast, because if you can't get out you might as well have some delicious food, right? Well, the weather ended up being nice AND I got an awesome breakfast.

Pete made me an omelet, bacon and got some croissants and fresh blueberries. I did share some of the blueberries, but mostly was selfish with them. I also made some croissants myself because the local grocery store doesn't have any and I had decided I really wanted some. They were very good, but take way too long to make (about 9 1/2 hours start to finish) so I'll probably never make them again because I don't have patience for that. Once I started making them, Pete found some croissants at another store during his travels. After my delicious breakfast we got ready for our hike.

We went to the local state park and the kids did great. Anne was quite happy in the backpack and Henry did the hike (around a mile) without any complaining. We were able to see lots of deer prints, 2 deer running away from us, snails, dog prints, and some other things. Henry was excited to see that dandelions even grow in the forest and loved to tell us everything he was seeing (pine cones, acorns, etc). It was a lot of fun and when we were done we had a nice picnic lunch. We spent the afternoon relaxing and just being together. It was great!

I didn't manage to get any pictures of us, but I did take some of these turtles.



1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of turtles! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete