Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Fun

We've been able to do some fun things so far this summer and I have a few pictures. The kids were able to participate in a field trip to the local greenhouse and at the end of their tour they were able to plant a flower to take home. Henry was thrilled and picked out the tallest orange (one of his favorite colors) flower. Anne was terrified most of the time and wouldn't let go of me, so I didn't bother planting with her. The kids also did some planting as a craft at the library story time. The grass ends up being the hair on their person. I was worried the grass wasn't going to work because by the time we got home both kids cups had been dropped. However, they still worked. Henry loves his and is wondering how he should cut the 'hair'. He has also been very good about watering.



I needed something to do with the kids one warm day and decided to get out a couple buckets of water and some toys. Anne loved splashing in the water and Henry and I were throwing things back and forth getting wet. It was a lot of fun and it still surprises me how such a simple activity can keep the kids happy and busy for a long time.



2 comments:

  1. I see a little plant scientist blooming! (pun intended!) Also Anne's swimsuit is adorable, does it come in my size?

    ReplyDelete