Friday, September 20, 2013

Mae joins the family!

Mae Christine decided she wanted a story all her own. She was born at 40 weeks 1 day (not 40 and 2 like Henry and Anne) and her labor was much different than the others too. She had me confused and not knowing what to do. We went to the hospital only to have nothing happen in the two hours while we were there, so we went back home. After being at home for a couple of hours we managed to get to the hospital just in time for her birth. As we were pulling out of the driveway Pete kindly informed me that I probably had waited too long. He quickly followed that up with thanks for letting me get some sleep. Anne was a quick delivery and Pete told me I hadn't communicated things well, so this time around I was sure to let the nurses know it was time to get moving and call the doctor because the baby was coming. I felt like I was rude, but Pete said I was firm, not rude. Mae was born about 20 minutes after getting to the hospital and the nurse got to deliver her first baby. By the time the doctor arrived everything was done and I don't think she really knew what to do. The doctor said it was the first delivery she has missed. I'm grateful we made it there and didn't have her at home or in the car.
We share a birthday and although I didn't want to spend my birthday in the hospital I'm happy she is here. To keep with the theme of having her own story, she was smaller than the other kids too. She was 7 lbs 4 oz and 19 in long. That is about half a pound and 2 inches smaller than Henry and Anne. Newborn clothes fit really well on her. 

Mae has kept life interesting in her first two weeks of life and I'm slowly getting used to our new normal. I've decided that three kids isn't so bad if they are all healthy and that I'm getting too old to be up all night. I do understand that sick kids and lack of sleep are part of the deal and am okay with that. I'm grateful for each of my kids and am willing to sacrifice some things in order to be a mom.
Mae Christine born 9/4/13 5:05 am
Home from the hospital
Getting some exercise





Anne loves to tickle her toes (5 days)
Henry loves to take pictures
First attempt at tummy time. She enjoys it much more than the others. (12 days)

Two weeks
Three monkeys that I love
Likes to sleep on her side



5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a crazy fast birth! She is a cutie pie for sure. From the pics she's looking a little more like her mom. Is that the case in real life? Either way, nice job you guys! I really love her name. It's so lovely. That one was on my girl list (you know, the list that's dried up and cracking by now - so sad and unused).
    Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a crazy fast birth! She is a cutie pie for sure. From the pics she's looking a little more like her mom. Is that the case in real life? Either way, nice job you guys! I really love her name. It's so lovely. That one was on my girl list (you know, the list that's dried up and cracking by now - so sad and unused).
    Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Big Brother/Sister - Little Sister shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Love the story, I wonder how many nurses deliver child #3, they seem to be in a hurry to get out... glad to hear all is well :)

    ReplyDelete