Monday, December 9, 2013

Gingerbread decorating

I wanted to decorate gingerbread houses this year, but I'm rarely up for the mess. I'm not a big craft person and really just like things the kids can do on their own. This year I saw someone had made giant cookies in the shape of a house and then let their kids decorate them. I liked the idea and copied it (except our cookies were not as giant).
I gave each kid a plate with some cookies, a bag with frosting, and some candy. Then I let them do whatever they wanted. Anne enjoyed eating the candy and frosting. I showed her how to decorate a couple times and she had no interest. Henry did a great job decorating and then ate some. He decided he does not like gum drops and said we should not get them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment