December 7th is a day for the record books. After Anne's tooth had been loose for 5 1/2 weeks we were able to pull it out.
Anne was excited about a loose tooth at first, but she soon didn't want to wiggle it or eat using it. Her permanent bottom teeth were growing in behind and the dentist told me we needed to get the baby teeth out. I was trying to encourage her to wiggle them a lot. One was fairly loose, the other one not as much. One night she said one was really loose and I could try to pull it out. I told her I wanted two chances to get it out. I was doing well and she wasn't complaining about it hurting, but I couldn't quite get it all the way out. With her big teeth behind it, it was hard. I knew it was about to fall out, but I didn't know how to hold it to get it. Pete was able to get it and Anne started crying after it was out and she saw it.
She wanted to look in the mirror and that made everything worse. She was refusing to swallow and couldn't handle the 'blood' - really a little blood and a lot of saliva. Well, in my attempts to calm her down and talk to her she told me it hurt. I didn't understand how it could hurt so we had the following conversation.
A: It does hurt.
Why? How does it hurt?
A: I think the other teeth miss it. (sob, sob)
Pete burst into laughter and I turned my head and tried to hide my laughter. She then laughed a little. She was not sure if she could go to school the next day- but I told her that her teeth love kindergarten and wanted to go.
After another 7-10 days we were able to get the second tooth out with a bit less drama. Her permanent teeth are slowly starting to move into place and I'm not looking forward to her next loose tooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment