Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Snowfall

So far this year we have had only one snowfall and it was just a little bit that melted by the end of the day. Despite the fact that you could see the grass through the snow Henry was very excited when he woke up to find snow on the ground. As soon as I was out of bed (but not yet out of the bathroom), he came to tell me that he needed a hat, a scarf, a carrot, some stones and a twig to build a snowman. He also asked if it was his birthday, which I've been telling him will come when it's cold and snowy outside. Pete was kind enough to take Henry out to build a small snowman (and have a snowball fight) before he went to school that day.

Later that day I went downstairs where our laundry room is to get some wash done. I came out of the laundry room to find Henry stomping on his melting snowman wearing a t-shirt, underwear, and his monkey boots. I kindly informed him that he needed to get back inside since he didn't have pants on and asked why he left the house when he was supposed to be inside still. Even though he didn't listen to my instructions, it did give me quite the laugh to see him. I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment