Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Henry Update

Henry has been doing a lot of work with letters and their sounds. He often asks what letter different words start with and I'll have him sound it out. I've tried to get him to write letters, but it never really seemed to work so I gave up and just stuck to teaching him to recognize letters and learn their sounds (which is REALLY hard to do). Anyways, the other morning as I was getting out of the shower Henry came running up to me to show me that he wrote his name all by himself. He told me what all the letters were and although I do recognize that the letters don't really resemble letters, I was still very proud of him.

 Here is a picture of some of the kids at Oma and Opa's house for Thanksgiving. Josh, Eli (holding Anne), Henry
 Henry has quite the imagination and loves to play in the bath tub. The other night this is the new trick that he discovered and because I started to laugh he thought he was just the funniest kid ever.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't he just have a birthday? Awesome learning, Henry!

    Eli is less interested in letters than the others were, but he's plugging away at them. He can recognize all but a couple now, and knows sounds of some. On occasion I can get him to write an E or an M, but he'd rather just do it verbally from the fridge magnets. I love those things. They help review with him when I'm forgetful or lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Henry in the tub, I had to enlarge it to see the duck, but once I did I couldn't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete