| Birthday phone call |
| Showing Clifford his musical Cars birthday card |
Thrilled with the money. At his 3 year check-up he selected to read the magazine Smart Money while we waited. Apparently he was figuring out what he should do with his birthday money.
Henry had been eying birthday cakes at the store for a long time and had told me way in advance of his birthday that he wanted a pink strawberry cake with candles. The day before his birthday I took him to the grocery store with car shopping carts to pick out his cake. He didn't change him mind and still wanted the pink cake. He was very excited when I told him he could also pick out some frosting and then he was quickly overwhelmed at all the choices...sprinkles, chocolate, pink.....after going round and round he settled on strawberry frosting too. He even got to help me make the cake. Once again, it doesn't take much to please him and just the birthday cake provided a lot of enjoyment. It was a great day and now he's looking forward to Christmas.
Jace has the same basketball pajamas Henry is wearing in one of the pictures. I had to do a double take because I thought it was a picture of Jace!
ReplyDeleteHenry is awesome! I love that he picked out strawberry cake with strawberry frosting...that is what I normally have! :)
ReplyDeleteYea! Happy birthday, little man.
ReplyDeleteMy oldest two boys LOVED pink until they hit about age 5. It's a bright, happy, enticing color for kids, I guess.