I knew I shouldn't have made any comments about being back at the doctor soon in my last post because that is exactly what happened. After being on amoxicillan for 7 days Anne totally broke out and I ended up taking her into the doctor. They gave her some allergy medicine at the office and said she would start looking better quickly but to keep giving the medicine for 3 days to make sure all the amoxicillan was out of her system. This did help the itching, which was good, but that was it. When we got Anne up the following day she looked even worse so back to the doctor we went. This time the doctor recommended putting her on steroids for a few days along with the allergy medicine. This helped her hives go away, but also made her energetic, hungry and THIRSTY. I felt like every time I turned around her diaper was full and she had wet pants. This was preferable to hives, but I'm excited she is now off ALL medicine and starting to get back to her 'normal' self.
I only got a picture on the first day. Day 2 her back was clear, but that was about it. So much for a fun long weekend, since Pete had taken Friday afternoon off.
 |
| Anne day 1 |
 |
| Anne day 2 |
That poor girl! I am allergic to amoxicillan, and I think that there might be a couple of others in the family that are allergic as well. Hopefully she starts to feel better soon!
ReplyDelete