Saturday, August 31, 2013

Camping Adventure

We had been talking and looking at tents for awhile and we finally got one. We decided to do a test run in the backyard before heading out to a 'real' campground. Henry was very excited to go camping, but also wanted to know about roasting marshmallows. I didn't want to do smores, but got marshmallows as well as peanut butter filled chocolate covered pretzels as a fun treat. Henry had a lot of fun roasting his marshmallows, but really he just barely got it warm. Anne didn't like the roasted marshmallow, but got plenty messy enjoying her other treat.

By the time we got the kids into the tent they were way past tired and Anne was super hyper. Add that to the fun and excitement of sleeping in the tent and it was crazy. At long last, the kids fell asleep on the ground, while Pete and I enjoyed the comfort of our air mattress. :) The kids didn't sleep really well, but we were able to just hang around the house on Saturday and rest which was nice. Although it was a rough night, I'm looking forward to going camping with the kids again (preferably when my bladder isn't under so much stress).
Marshmallow fun
Being silly and crazy
Our new tent
Saturday morning we cleaned the car, washed the car, and moved the kids car seats to the very back. Pete got out two buckets, one for him to use and the other for the kids to play in. They had a blast playing in the bucket of water and running through the hose. It was a great activity for a hot Saturday morning.



1 comment:

  1. That looks like a really nice tent. I am impressed that Emily spent the night outside. I make Morgan sleep outside with the kids and I stay in my bed. :)

    ReplyDelete