In July Pete and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. We spent the first 8 1/3 years living in the same apartment while Pete finished school. We also had 2 kids in that time. The last bit of time has been in a new town, in a home we 'own', with Pete working his first 'real' job, and another kid coming. The last almost year has certainly flown by!
For our anniversary Pete got off work a bit early so we could make it to our his and hers dentist appointments. Despite the fact that it had been 9 years since Pete had gone to the dentist, he got a good report. After that we were treated to last minute front row seats watching Henry and Anne play in the rain (while we sat inside our bay window and watched and talked while it was quiet). It was fun to watch the kids. Then we all went out to eat and Henry was very excited to be included in date night. We went out for Chinese and I got the best fortune. It said, Be good to yourself, dessert three times per week is ok. Pete accused me of picking it out on purpose, but I think it was meant to be and am following the advice.
It was a good afternoon and evening and I'm looking forward to many more years of adventure with my best friend!
I love that your anniversary date was a trip to the dentist. How grown-up of you!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! It's a good one. "His and her" at the dentist. HA!
ReplyDeleteAnd happy 9 years! You are one of our favorite couples.