Henry has had an awesome year and is officially done with First grade! He is very happy to be done with first grade and is looking forward to second grade next year. His Kindergarten teacher is changing to second grade and he is really hoping to be in her class again.
Henry received lots of awards again this year- Best in bark (No safe seats/timeouts), Top Dog (less than 20 safe seats/timeouts), Pizza Hut Book it, Missouri reading circle (read at least 20 books), Remarkable Reader, Sensational speller, Math Whiz, and Citizenship. I am most proud about his spelling award because he spelled a word wrong on one of his first spelling tests and was very upset about it, but then worked hard the rest of the school year and had perfect spelling tests. Spelling is tricky for him and I was happy to see him work hard at that this year. I am also proud of his citizenship award because there was only one boy and one girl chosen from each class and the kids all voted on it. It is nice to see that the other kids see the good in him.
This summer I plan to work with him on fractions. He likes to cook and the fractions on recipes are still tricky for him and if he doubles a recipe it is even harder. So, we'll have fun cooking and learning about fractions. I'm also hoping he will agree to be Anne's teacher this summer because she listens to him much better than me.
 |
| Henry at the awards ceremony- thanks to Sage (blond girl on the left) for telling Henry to look at me. |
 |
Henry and his good friend, Brad.
|
 |
Henry with all his awards!
Henry was also the terrific kid for the month of May for the character trait of Loyalty. He got the same award in Kindergarten, so I guess that is how his teachers see him at school. :) |
 |
| Bigger picture so you can read it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment