What a cute dinosaur!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Halloween- part 2
Pete and Henry did the pumpkin carving and it turned out really well. Henry had a great time helping to clean out the pumpkin and watching as Dad made the pumpkin face.




Henry's costume for Halloween was a dinosaur that I was able to snag for free on craigslist. Despite most of his pants being too long, this costume was a bit short, but he didn't seem to care. We went to the church for Trunk-or-treat and Henry insisted that Pete take him around to the cars. Apparently, I just wasn't cut out for the job. Even with Pete he was a bit shy at first, but quickly warmed up to the concept of saying something to someone and getting candy in return. I tried to teach him trick or treat during the day, but I wasn't all that successful. He would say it sometimes, but he apparently jumped right to thank you and skipped the whole trick or treat phrase most of the time. He ended up with a TON of candy and the lollipops are his favorite and my least favorite (due to the sticky mess they create) so some of them have mysteriously disappeared from his candy collection. (No I didn't eat them myself, they're in the cupboard) Notice he has a lollipop is each hand in the picture below.


I also want to mention that a couple days afterwards Pete and Henry had a boys night while I was gone. What did boys night consist of?? Well, they did go to the park and do a few other things first, but it ended with watching a movie and eating LOTS of candy. When I came home there was a huge pile of wrappers on the kitchen counter that I meant to get a picture of, but never did. When I asked Pete about it he told me something to the effect of it's not Halloween without eating a ton of candy in one sitting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment