Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

We spent most of Thanksgiving week visiting Grandma and Grandpa Lasley and to say that Henry was disappointed to return home would be an understatement. Pete spent a lot of his time doing small projects around the house and Henry loved being Grandma's helper and going to get the mail every morning. Grandma was also nice enough to take Henry to the park most days despite some cold temps and would sing to him while they were swinging. He even sang the song for Pete and I so that we could hear it. She also let him help with laundry and help cook so he loved being with her. He also started calling Aunt Ginny 'Gin Gin' just like Grandma does and I thought it was pretty funny to hear him running through the house calling out 'Gin Gin!' when he was looking for her. We discovered that Henry only likes his pie crust prior to baking. He will eat all the leftover scraps of crust when I make a pie crust, but on Thanksgiving when he got some pie he wouldn't really eat any crust. He enjoyed the pumpkin pie filling, and would leave the crust behind. I'm not a pie crust fan either, so I guess he gets that from me. :)

We had a good time relaxing and spending time with family and it was just what Pete needed to get ready for the end of the semester. Here are some pictures of the ducks that Henry wanted to stop and see in Ottumwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment