Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Big Brother

For those of you who don't know yet, Henry is going to be a big brother in September. He's very excited about this, but I laugh often at his 2 year old understanding of what that means.
  • When he wants to talk to the baby, he says my shirt has to be up so he can see my tummy and talk to the baby. Sometimes he'll tell her what we've been doing that day, sometimes he just wants to say Hi, and he always puts my shirt back down when he's done. I figure it's his way of hanging up when he's ready to do something else.
  • I bought a couple toys at a garage sale for the baby and he doesn't understand why I bought them because she can't play with them yet. He also doesn't know why I am buying some girl clothes, why she has a toothbrush, etc. I try to explain that we need to get ready for her to come, but the concept of time is way beyond his understanding.
  • Sometimes when he's playing he tells me there is a baby in his tummy too. Today he told me he was trying to poke the baby out of his tummy, but it wasn't working. I really don't know where he gets these things, but if you're ever in need of a laugh stop on by!
He claims that he will be nice to her, help me take care of her, share his room and his toys, and lots of other things. I'm just praying for a smooth adjustment for all of us.

23 weeks

5 comments:

  1. You're having a girl?!? How exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Emily! I love reading about Henry, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww...congratulations! That's so great! In a few more weeks he'll think your stomach is a perfect stool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "HER"???? A cute little girl? Oh, so fun. I think having 2 is the BEST! (Not that I'd trade my 3rd, just that 2 was a nice balance.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Henry is going to be such a great big brother to his little sister.

    ReplyDelete