Here is the Henry update for the past month.
- Garage sale season has started and Henry LOVES to go with me. He is really great at finding all the things I won't buy for him (like power wheels) and having a blast with toys and the like while I am browsing other things.
- There is one grocery store in town that I don't shop at often, but occasionally I do go there and they have the car shopping carts. Well, to Henry that means EVERYTHING. So, every time we drive by the store he'll say, 'I want to go to Hy-vee, drive shopping cart'. It makes me laugh, but it is quite disappointing when we do need to go and all the car carts are in use. Talk about one sad little boy.
- He continues to get better with knowing his letters and likes to spell the signs around town. He will often say, 'S-T-O-P stop sign'. The confusion is that he thinks all the letters spell what the item is. So, on the water fountain he said, 'P-U-S-H spell water fountain'. He also thinks that when there is writing on my shirt is spells Mom.
- Pete makes appointments for the Bishop as part of his calling at church and Henry who loves to repeat what he hears has Pete's message down. We often hear him with his toy phone saying that he is Pete Lasley calling to meet with the Bishop. He even has down the part at the end where Pete says he would appreciate a call back. It is pretty hilarious to hear.
- A new friend has come into Henry's life and his name is Mr. Mailman. Getting the mail from the mailbox is one of the highlights of the day. He's always asking when it'll come, if it's hear yet, etc. Our mailbox is at our front door so Henry can look out the window next to the door and see him coming. When he sees him he opens the door and says Hi and talks to the mailman. The mailman will then give Henry our stack of mail and Henry will ask me what mail he can open (there's usually something in there he can tear apart in his efforts to open it).
- We planted a garden this year and at the beginning I was really frustrated with Henry and his lack of understanding about where he can and cannot walk, but thankfully I was able to get over it and told myself this is a learning experience for all of us since I'm a beginner gardener. Henry helped me plant the seeds and sometimes helps water the plants. Right now things are just coming up, but it's exciting to see that the plants are growing. I'm still hopeful that as the plants get bigger Henry will learn to not step on them, but I'm not holding my breath.
- On Mother's Day Henry was sitting on my lap and I said to him, 'Are you my favorite little boy?' and he looked at me and said, 'No, me best friend.' It was the best gift EVER and really who couldn't love and adore a little boy like this.

- Every time I make rolls Henry will help me. I've meant to take a picture tons of times, but finally just remembered this last time. I'm sure you can tell what ones he has made. He's getting a lot better at it, but sometimes his imagination will lead him to do amazing things. One time he told me one roll was a frog and then proceeded to put pants, shirt, etc on top of the frog so there was just a big mound. I like having him help me and they always taste the same no matter how they look so it works for us. (And, my rolls aren't perfect either).

- We have been working with Henry on smiling for pictures and not always having his big say cheese face. I tell you what, it's a challenging job, but here is one shot of a mini smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment