Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter

This year for Easter we made a special effort to focus on the true meaning of Easter and for the week leading up to Easter Sunday we read scriptures and talked about what Christ was doing on that day (teaching his disciples, traveling to Jerusalem, etc). It was a great activity for all of us and one we plan on doing in the future.

During the week we also dyed eggs, made rice krispie treats that were shaped like eggs (sort of) and on Saturday we hid some eggs for Henry to find. We also had the missionaries over for dinner on Sunday and Henry has been asking for them to come again in his prayers. Even though the Easter Bunny didn't come we had a really great Easter together as a family.

Here is a video of Henry looking for his eggs. It's long and gets boring at the end so don't feel like you have to watch the whole thing. I don't know how to edit it. I'll also mention that the best part was not captured on video. At the end when he was eating his jelly beans he said, 'these candies really yummy' and had colored drool coming out of his mouth. It was priceless.

So, I think the video is too long and won't upload. I'm not technologically advanced enough to figure out how to edit it or make it work, so for now there is no video. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment