- While Pete had 2 weeks off in September (for Anne's arrival), he taught/worked with Henry on pedaling his bike. He could pedal his tricycle, but his bike was harder for him to get figured out. So, now he can ride his bike around and he really enjoys it.
- There was a For Rent sign outside of our building which Henry had been using as a gas pump for his bike. When the sign came down, he came to me and in a sad voice asked where his gas pump went. I tried to explain it to him, but all he understands is the bottom line...the gas pump is gone.
- Henry enjoyed spending lots of time outside when Pete was home. Pete was working on his truck and our car and Henry loved playing as well as 'helping'.
- Now that summer is over and we are back to shoe weather, Pete took Henry's monkey boots out of hiding. Henry was THRILLED that Dad was able to find them and once again Henry and the boots are just about inseparable. It is tough to ride his bike with them, but rain or shine he prefers the boots.
- I've made a lot of muffins lately, but to Henry anything in that shape is called a cupcake. I'm not really sure why because he has had actual cupcakes only a couple of times, but he likes eating his 'cupcake treats' for snack.
- Please note that I'm not trying to brag, but sometimes Henry's memory really amazes me. For Pete's birthday in August we bought him a football. When we bought the football I ran the shopping cart into a cardboard box right by the footballs. The other day he told Pete about this. Pete was confused and I just laughed. I can't believe that he remembered that I had done that and now I know that I'm in big trouble because if I do something wrong Henry will tell on me. Henry also specifically requested a book from the library that we had checked out months ago. I had to get help from the librarian to find it because I had no clue what the book was called. Thankfully, she was able to help us and Henry was so happy to get the book. (The book is the Apple Pie Tree). Sometimes I am just amazed at how much he remembers and other times I wonder why he has such a hard time remembering to keep his toys and shirts out of his mouth.
- Henry is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his birthday. Since Pete, Anne and I all just had our birthdays we've been talking about them a lot. He knows that his birthday is in December, but doesn't understand how far away that is. I've tried to tell him that when it gets cold and snowy it'll be his birthday. Pete told me I had to be careful because it would end up snowing in October and then he'd think it was his birthday. I have also told him that his birthday will come after Halloween (which he is excited for) and after all the leaves fall off the trees, but before Christmas. Well, one tree outside our house is just about bare and the stores are getting Christmas things out, so once again he thinks it'll be his birthday in no time at all. I just don't know how to make him understand time. :)
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Henry Update
Pete and I have both realized/commented on how Henry is really not a toddler anymore, but a boy. I don't know when it happened, but I just have noticed lately that his face is a grown-up face and his hands seem huge to me. It's fun to see the way his mind works and it's also funny to see how his mind works. I don't have a lot of pictures these days, but here are some things that he's been up to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment