Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Henry update

Henry continues to love being a big brother and is a great helper almost all the time. (Sometimes he'll tell me he's too busy, too tired, his hands are full/busy, etc....all things I tell him sometimes). He also decided to cut Anne's hair one afternoon, which is something big brothers are not supposed to do. Thankfully, he didn't hurt Anne and you couldn't really tell. When Anne is grumpy with me, Henry can almost always get her happy and laughing. I love seeing them play and my favorite is listening to Henry 'read' books to her or sing to her. Yes, he's still 3 and gets upset sometimes, but overall he does a great job sharing me.

At church Henry is going to a more formal Sunday School now instead of the nursery. He loves his sunbeam class and getting to sing with all the big primary kids. All the kids got a CD of the songs that they will be learning this year and he asks to listen to it almost every day (some days more than once). Due to repetition he has learned an incredible amount of songs. He has loved music ever since he was a tiny baby, but I still get amazed at his love for music.

On that same note...Henry has been asking for a drum, with sticks to play and a saxophone. He has previously asked for a piano and violin. I'm hoping by the time he's old enough to play an instrument he knows what he wants to play and chooses one that isn't too loud.

I signed Henry up for a preschool science class through the parks and rec program. He loves being able to go to school with the other kids and although parents are allowed to stay, he has asked that I NOT stay with him (which is fine with me). It's only once a week and if we stick around I'm going to put him in more often than that this fall because he is always asking if it's a school day. He is also counting down the years until he can go to Kindergarten.

For those of you who are in need of some laughter here are the latest funny things he has said:
  • While riding in the car he yawned and we asked him what he needed to do and he said he couldn't go to bed because there wasn't a bed in the car. (I had told him that when you yawn it means you're tired and you should go to bed).
  • Henry likes to snap the plug of the vacuum onto the cord when I'm done and putting it away. I went to do it the other day and he pointed his finger at me and told me That is a big brother job, not a mom job or an Anne job. A Big Brother Job.
  • Henry's hands are really chapped and I can't get him to put lotion on them. If I ask he tells me that the lotion will get into his bones and go up his arm and into his mouth and that would be no good.
  • When I told him we had to get ready to go to the grocery store he told me we couldn't go because 'there are too many people there right now and we'll crash into a lady.'
  • When I was giving him options for snack he added onto the the end of my list saying, 'or Candy? Can I have candy for snack?' He sure is optimistic about things, but no I didn't give him any and I probably should have since we still have candy from Halloween.
  • Leaving church he said he really liked this one minivan and that he wanted one. Pete asked, what about a truck to which he replied, 'No, a truck would be worse I like boats and minivans.' (On the drive home he saw a truck that he told me he wanted a big brother size one to drive)
  • While playing with play dough he was making snakes and told me the snake was going to eat Anne. I said, No don't eat Anne and he said, 'Sorry, she's already in the snakes tummy.'
He loves to pretend he's a doctor

Hiding under the blankets

blowing bubbles

snow angels



'I don't want to go, I want to stay all the day long.'

No comments:

Post a Comment