Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anne- 6 months

Anne is 6 months old now and finally starting to really gain some weight. I love her chubby baby legs that Henry never had. Just the other day I realized that her legs sometimes get stuck when I'm getting her out of her bumbo seat, which NEVER happened with Henry. Overall she is still a good baby, although she does love attention. Thankfully, she has an older brother that loves to entertain her. Here is the quick run down on Anne at age 6 months.
  • Still wakes up at night, but we're down to only one time at night, which is a huge improvement. (Thank you Dr. Smith, the best pediatrician ever for your advice.) She has been kicked out of our room and sleeps in her crib now.
  • She had her best weight gain to date and now weighs over 15 pounds! She gained almost 3 pounds since her last check-up. (Again, thank you Dr. Smith). Her head has also really gone up in terms of percentile and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't end up like Henry because we have the hardest time getting shirts to fit over his head. 
  • She is getting better at sitting and can almost sit by herself. She can hold herself up very briefly and then will try to move and tip over. I'm looking forward to her being able to sit so I can put her in the bike seat and go for rides with Henry. 
  • She enjoys being on her tummy much more now. She'll push herself up onto her hands, but has never tried to get up on her knees. This is totally different than Henry, but I'm okay with that. I am curious to see when she figures it out though. 
  • She has started on solid food. She has a very tiny appetite (also much different than Henry) and I'm struggling to make sure she's getting the nutrients she needs at this point. So far she's had rice cereal, carrots and apples. She did not like the apples, but the others she has enjoyed. 
  • She loves to be outside and we've all enjoyed getting out more since the weather has been so nice. 
  • She has fully reached the 'grabby' phase and I'm learning I have to be very careful. She pulls my hair, pages of books, and really anything that gets in her reach. 
  • She does not enjoy car trips. She doesn't like being in her car seat for very long and gets very grumpy. As soon as she can see us and we take her out she cheers right up. I'm not looking forward to keeping her rear facing until she's 2 because I think it just makes life a bit more difficult. Thankfully Henry helps by doing funny things to make her laugh, but it only works for so long.
  • Her favorite toys are the tags found on toys and lids to tuperware or sippy cup lids. Yes, that's right her favorite toys aren't really toys. The tags get really gross and slimy and I want to cut them off, but since they entertain her for so long I'm hesitant to do so.
  • She loves to take baths (if Dad is the one bathing her) and Henry really wants Anne to take a bath with him. We keep telling him she has to get bigger, but he doesn't really get it. 
  • Anne is a total Dad's girl. She'll be perfectly content with him and if I come in the room she'll start to cry. If she's been crying all afternoon, as soon as Dad comes home she's happy as can be. She also eats better for Dad. 
Anne- 6 months


Anne- 6 months, 1 week





No comments:

Post a Comment