Henry continues to be a great big brother and loves to help me take care of Anne. One of his favorite jobs is to watch her when I take a shower, bring trash outside or have some other quick thing to do. He is also great at sharing his toys with her and knows which ones are okay to share and which ones he shouldn't share. Anne loves her big brother and laughs and laughs all the time when they play together. Henry would love to be able to feed Anne, but I told him he can't have that job quite yet.
Henry has spent a lot of time recently reading a picture dictionary. I've tried countless times to tell him a dictionary is not a story book to read, but helps you know what words mean. He doesn't care and loves to sit and read word after word after word. He also is trying to learn to read. He wants to read and know what things say, so I'm working with him on what sounds the letters make. I don't think we'll make much progress now, but I'm looking forward to him learning how to read.
Henry has been insisting on writing his name on everything. The only letter that is recognizable is the H, but that doesn't stop him. He still loves to write his name. Eventually I'm going to try and work with him on this, but haven't done anything with it yet.
We've been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather and Henry is thrilled to be outside almost every day. He does keep asking about swim lessons, which aren't until summer, but he doesn't quite understand that technically it's still winter even though it's 80 outside. Dad was able to get some sandals for him and he is so happy that he has sandals to wear now, even though we didn't get him the Woody and Buzz sandals. (We didn't want to get him flip-flops).
Henry still has his passion for cooking. His newest adventure is to take the colander and pretend it is his apple basket. He'll then pick apples and make lots of interesting things with them. He always shares his creations and is very polite when serving the food.
Since no post about Henry is complete without some funny phrases, here are a few of the latest.
- Sam's Club has little hot dogs that are my size, hot dogs that are your size mom, big hot dogs that are dads size and smashed up hot dogs for Anne...so let's go eat at sams club, Mom.
- As a guy was getting out of his vehicle at our building, Henry said to him, 'I like your Jeep' to which the guy replied, 'Thanks, I like it too.'
- Henry told the mailman that he looks weird now that he's shaved his beard. He also wants to be a mailman when he gets older so that he can open up the blue mailboxes around town.
No comments:
Post a Comment