Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snow Day Fun

The past couple weeks we have had winter weather and winter sickness at our house. I think the stomach bug is just about over and I'm hoping the snow won't last long either as the forecast is calling for several 40+ degree days.
Mae and Henry are very similar in their personalities and here is just one thing they have in common. Just about everything can be resolved with their thumb and their special blanket. Here there are relaxing, watching tv and trying to feel better.

On Henry's snow day, I let the big kids go outside, but it was really cold and I didn't want to deal with having Mae outside. I did allow her to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and although it looks like she isn't very happy in this picture- she sat and watched for quite awhile. I think this is her focused face. I also love how she sits with her feet crossed at the ankles.
Henry got the bright idea to play catch with this large ice ball. Since we got really wet and heavy snow and then the temps dropped it was fairly icy outside making it difficult to build a snowman or run around. Thankfully, Anne was standing really far away so she was not injured during this activity.
While Pete was shoveling the snow he decided to put it all into one pile so Henry could dig it out and turn it into his snow cave. Henry worked for awhile, but it was really hard to chip through the ice. Pete came to the rescue and got a good bit of it shoveled out for him and then Henry could work on it some more. Henry ended up putting in a skylight- which is a clear sign that we've not been feeling well and mom has been exhausted so we've been watching too much HGTV. There are worse things in life, right?

Anne mostly walked around and played with her little rake. I did yell at her when I noticed she was licking Henry's metal shovel. All I could think of was The Christmas Story movie and I did not feel up for an emergency trip to the doctor. After yelling, I talked and tried to explain things to her. She told me, But Mom Charlie Brown stuck his tongue out and ate snowflakes. After further explanations I think she now has it figured out- or at least mostly figured out.


No comments:

Post a Comment