Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Camping

We are all looking forward to camping and hiking this summer. I picked out a few new state parks to try this summer a couple months ago. With the nice weather we've had recently the kids have been asking about camping, so when Pete had a trip out of town I said we could have a camp in. All three kids loved getting the sleeping bags out and thought it was so fun to sleep together on the living room floor. Henry thought it would be a good idea to draw sticks to see who got to sleep on the couch. I told him I was going to and he was on the floor. He thought that was a good idea too. We had some fun snacks and the kids got to bed really late. I did end up putting Mae in her crib after she fell asleep. It was a rough night for me because Anne did not sleep well. She woke up at one point terrified because she was 'stuck' way down inside her sleeping bag. Henry slept through it all and was up around 5:15am in the kitchen making pancake batter for breakfast. He couldn't find the sugar, so he used the cinnamon sugar mixture. I did ask him to wait a bit before we cooked the pancakes as it was still really early. Overall it was a lot of fun, but tiring for me.

We had one more camp in and the kids slept better. I'm hoping to do some more camp ins or backyard camp outs before we go somewhere in hopes that the real camping goes smoothly. I'm also grateful for kids that are fairly easy to please.
Anne taking an afternoon nap in the sleeping bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment