I was hoping to go camping once a month this summer and Pete and I tried to schedule a weekend that would work each month. In May our free weekend had a forecast of a lot of storms so we didn't get to go. In June our free weekend conflicted with a t-ball game and it was still muddy and not great conditions, so we camped in the backyard. I was really hoping to go and check out a new state park this month since school is right around the corner. The weekend I was wanting to go was crazy hot and Pete wasn't able to get off work a little early. So, we changed our plans and went to the state park that is just outside of town. Pete and I were up early the next morning as it was starting to storm. I'm surprised the kids slept through it. Pete checked the weather on his phone and it looked like we had a small window to get cleaned and packed up before a bigger storm rolled through. I was really disappointed, but grateful we were close to home.
The kids had fun roasting marshmallows Friday night and after their oatmeal breakfast Saturday morning. Henry and Anne ate the majority of the bag. Both kids were disappointed that we weren't able to go for a hike and wanted to try to go before it started raining, but it was good that we didn't try to because the rain started to come down hard as we were leaving.
One day we'll get to go camping more often, I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment