Mae continues to be a typical, challenging three year-old as well as a sweet and funny little girl. She makes me laugh and brings me so many smiles each day (along with gray hair).
While the big kids go to school Mae and I have some time to ourselves. Some days we are busy with errands, some days Mae wants to play alone, and some days we play games together. She was so happy to win this Othello game one morning.
Mae plays hard and needs her sleep. Sunday naps with Dad are the best.
Mae got these glasses from story time at the library. She loves going to story time and choosing new books to read. She likes a wide variety of books- Clifford, Biscuit, Charlie, Princesses, Curious George, Pinkalicious, Little Critter, etc. She also loves being able to play with her friends and make a craft.
Mae wearing a new outfit. Her shoes are too big and almost always on the wrong feet. She insists on wearing these shoes and won't wear any that fit. Now that the weather is getting to be nicer, I'm hoping she'll change her mind so she can run and play a bit easier. Or maybe by the time I convince her to try something else these shoes will actually fit!
Mae has always been a determined girl. I think this is a good characteristic at times, but also find it very frustrating. Henry has a tree that he likes to climb and Mae wanted to join him. She asked me to help her to the bottom branch, but I said, no. I explained that she had to get up on her own or she was too little to climb trees. She went to get a lawn chair. I didn't think the chair would give her enough assistance and watched as she pulled herself up and into the tree. When she was on the bottom branch, I told her to stop because she did it and was high enough. That only encouraged her to climb faster. Every time I said, stop that is high enough, she went higher. I asked Henry to climb up after her. He told her where she could sit down in the tree. I took a picture and was quite relieved when Pete got home at this moment and was able to talk to Mae and help her climb down. This picture says it all- she was SO pleased with herself.
And for an update- she hasn't been able to get herself back into the tree, for which I am very grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment