Also at the Tampa zoo my Mom really wanted me to feed the giraffes (my younger brother Eli had told me about this and said it would be fun too). She also wanted me to pet and/or feed sting rays, but I told her she was crazy and that they were dangerous. She kept telling me that they were waving to me as they swam by, but I stood my ground and just looked at them. Since I didn't touch the sting rays I figured I could handle feeding a cracker to a giraffe, well I was wrong. Their tongues are really long and gross and I freaked out when it took the cracker from me. Technically speaking, the giraffe didn't even touch me...it touched the cracker, which was in my hand so indirectly it touched me. My Dad told me afterwards that the tongue was nothing compared to the one that they fed last time, so I am grateful about that.
Here is my brave Mom feeding the giraffe (you have to climb up this tower to feed them)

Here I am just moments after the feeding experience. I was too scared to pose for a picture.
What a fun trip! I'm glad you made it through everything all right .
ReplyDelete