First off, I CAN WALK!!! It took me awhile to get the hang of it and I could crawl really fast, but now I walk. I still get tripped up sometimes, but when I fall I get back up instead of crawling the rest of the way. I try to run, but that usually doesn't end well so I've been keeping it slow for now. (Just wait until spring when Mom takes me to the park and I've got more space to run). I'm also increasing my vocabulary. I say 'upubauab' when I want to be picked up, 'ball' when I see anything round (including my Kix cereal), 'ooff' when I want something to eat (and sometimes I get confused and say it for other things too because it usually gets me what I want), and I'm learning 'baby' (I can say the word, but don't really know what it means). I also sign please when I want something.
I have been busy improving my climbing skills lately and can now climb onto furniture and get on top of tables. I'm getting faster and faster at climbing, but more importantly I've learned how to get down. I no longer go head first or off the arm of the chair, but slid down on my belly feet first until I hit the floor. It is much better than landing on my head.
I have a really good ear for sounds. I can mimic lots of sounds and have always been drawn to music. I can whistle just as good (if not better than) Mom, and I have the smack part of kisses down. I'm getting better at blowing kisses to people too. I really enjoy listening and dancing to music even if its the middle of Relief Society and its the primary kids next door that I hear. I also really enjoy book time in the afternoon. I love to look at the pictures and have Mom and Dad read to me. I don't always want the whole story to be read to me, but I love turning the pages and looking at the pictures (even if it's upside down).
I still really love food, but have decided that I would rather not eat bread. I try to be tricky and hide it at lunch time, but Mom always finds it (even if it's under my cup). I do my best to eat it so that I can get other yummy things like fruit, cheese, peas, or beans. When I'm growing and my appetite is big I eat almost as much as Dad does at dinner time. Mom sometimes thinks she'll get two meals out of dinner and is sad when she realizes that she won't. She doesn't know what she'll do when I'm older.
There will be more pictures coming soon, but that is the update so far. Below is a picture of me really enjoying my mashed potatoes.
I love it! I can't believe that he can walk, its hard to picture kids growing when you don't see them. Have a great day!
ReplyDelete