Thursday, February 25, 2010

Who needs pants?

Henry has decided he doesn't like to wear pants. Actually, he has decided he doesn't like to wear clothes or a diaper. Most mornings in the week I'm chasing and pinning Henry down to put on a diaper. Then he escapes, I do something else and then go in for the attack to put his shirt on. Needless to say it takes a long time to get ready and Henry ends up on the chair waiting to go outside (he knows he sits in the chair to get his shoes and coat on), even though he doesn't have pants on yet. I'm really looking forward to warm weather so I can just put something on the kid and don't have to worry about layers (or pants).

Today I told Henry we were going to the store too early and he went and sat on the chair and got his coat, but he was still in his pjs. I fought with him to get his diaper changed and clothes on before we left, but in retrospect I should have just taken him in his pjs. :)


1 comment:

  1. Prairie (my second) when she was 19 months decided that she didn't want to wear pajamas at night. At first we would really fight her to put them on, and then as soon as we put her to bed, she would proceed to take them off. We were so worried that she would get cold, but she didn't, so we decided to stop fighting her to wear pajamas at night.

    At almost 4 years old, she is very warm bodied. We keep our house very cool during the winter, and you will often find her just wearing her panties. It is sometimes really hard to get her to wear clothes outside during the summer, because she just gets so warm.

    ReplyDelete