Sunday, March 21, 2010

All I wanted was an apple

One Friday afternoon Henry was helping me put groceries away and I wasn't completely paying attention to him. I soon discovered that he had taken two bites out of two different apples through the plastic of the bag of apples that I had just bought. I was less than happy about this, removed the bag of apples from him and sent myself to timeout to clam down. A few minutes later I returned only to find Henry happily munching away on yet a new apple. He somehow managed to get an apple out of the bag and also found one of his small plastic bowls and was just walking around with his little bowl eating the apple. At this time Pete got home and wondered what was going on (as I usually cut Henry's food since he only has 8 front teeth) and tried to take the apple away to get the seeds out. Henry FREAKED OUT that his apple was being taken away, so Henry ate the whole apple, core and all! Pete only removed the stem and one or two seeds.

Apparently Henry couldn't believe that I had taken him to the store to buy food and didn't give him any of it, so he figured he would just help himself.

1 comment:

  1. Got lots of laughs from that one! And I'll have to remember to put myself on timeout to calm down.

    ReplyDelete