Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Project complete!

So, I'm going to take a time out from Henry for one post and let everyone see what I managed to accomplish after about 2 1/2 years. A friend convinced me to do this block a month quilt with her and I agreed thinking it would be fun and easy since it was just a little bit a month. Well, we started in Jan of 2008 with one child between the two of us and 'finished' the class at the end of the year with 3 children. Needless to say we got a bit behind as it was more difficult to find time to sew without children needing us. We would work on piecing together things here and there and finally we called in some extra help (Thanks Janell) to make progress on things before Rachel moved away. I am quite happy to report that all these months later the quilt is completely done and I can't believe that it is finally finished.

Here I am with the finished project.
Close-up of the blocks.
Thanks Rachel for helping me through this project and helping me finish it!

2 comments: