Friday, July 15, 2011

June Update

Our weather has been pretty rainy lately so we haven't been able to play outside, but we did have a stretch of nice weather and during that time we were able to get to the park every morning. It was great to get up and go and let him play for awhile first thing. Hopefully we'll start to get some nice days again and get back to the park some more.

Henry has really hit the 'why?' stage and this has made me realize that I've turned into a 'real mom'. He asks all kinds of questions and although quite a few are insightful, a lot drive me crazy. Why is it not snack time? Because the clock says so and you just ate. Why does the clock say so? Because it does. But why? I find myself saying, because I'm the Mom and I said so. This is why I say I've turned into a 'real mom'.

He really enjoys turning sticks into swords when we take walks and says he wants to kill the trees and then hits the trees with his stick. Or he'll wave it at the bunny/squirrel/chipmunk to scare it away. I don't know why he's so aggressive at age 2, but he sure is.

On a more positive note, his singing has really taken off. I'll hear him singing tons of different songs. He has always enjoyed music so we sing and listen to lots of different music, but recently he has demonstrated that he actually knows the words to tons of these songs. I love to hear him singing and am pleasantly surprised when I hear him singing a song that I didn't know he knew the words to.

Henry has also been saying a lot of funny things, but I can never remember them. Here are a couple that I can remember:
  • He told Pete that he wanted to eat some egg lettuce (egg salad)
  • He asked me if he could pour some bath water into my tummy for the baby to drink
  • He constantly tells me, don't worry Mom I can do it
  • He has also told me, don't worry Mom, just relax, Dad will be right back/Dad will fix it
  • When he finds a fly or spider in the house he'll ask Pete to smash it and will clap his hands when he says this
  • When my stomach grumbled he asked what the noise was. I told him and then he told me that I was wrong and that the baby was telling me it was time to come out.
Henry at the 'castle park'

It's hard to tell, but his arm is swollen from a bug bite.
If he gets a bite on his arm/hand it really swells.

No comments:

Post a Comment