As our time living here is likely coming to a close we have been trying to go and do some fun things that we haven't seen or done before. A couple weeks ago we went for a drive and saw 5 of the 6 remaining covered bridges of Madison County. It was fun getting to see all the bridges and Henry particularly enjoyed peeking through the wood in the bridges to find the water below. Henry also enjoyed the fact that many motorcyclists were out that day. It turns out that the one bridge we did NOT get to see is the one that was made famous in the movie. After seeing the bridges we decided we should watch the movie too since neither of us have seen it.
Imes Bridge
Holliwell Bridge
Cutler-Donahue Bridge
Cedar Bridge
Hogback Bridge
Henry having some fun at one of the stops
We also came across the birthplace of John Wayne and couldn't pass up the picture of his birthplace or the statue of John Wayne in the middle of town.
I went and saw the bridges and the birthplace of John Wayne when I came to Des Moines to visit a friend years ago (before I moved to Ames). What fun memories! The movie, by the way, isn't the best. It IS Christian's and my "movie," meaning we went and saw it on our very first date, and by the end of the date I knew I was going to marry him. But it is a bit ironic that "our movie" is about a woman who cheats on her husband :)
I went and saw the bridges and the birthplace of John Wayne when I came to Des Moines to visit a friend years ago (before I moved to Ames). What fun memories! The movie, by the way, isn't the best. It IS Christian's and my "movie," meaning we went and saw it on our very first date, and by the end of the date I knew I was going to marry him. But it is a bit ironic that "our movie" is about a woman who cheats on her husband :)
ReplyDelete