Anne Marie Lasley was born September 9th at 4:11pm. She was 7 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long. Due to Pete's schedule during his final year of school we knew that we were taking a gamble on when he scheduled his 2 weeks off. We were hopeful that the timing would work out for her to be born during his vacation. Well, she took this very literally and came just hours after Pete got home...and he got home early. Labor lasted just over 3 hours and about half an hour after we made it to the hospital. Thankfully Pete had the insight to suggest we head over to the hospital even though I was wanting to wait for our neighbor to get home so that I could get a blessing before we left. I really didn't think she would be born so quickly. Little did I know that within minutes of entering the hospital my water would break and things would progress so quickly that the nurse (with 20 years of experience) had the opportunity to deliver her first baby. Aside from the fact that it went so fast everything was just fine and we are all doing well.
It's been amazing how much I've forgotten about newborns and I'm busy relearning what my life will be like. Right now I am anxiously awaiting her 'stump' to fall off because I really don't like looking at it. I'm also remembering how hard it is to wake a baby up, change their diaper (I've been peed on way more in the last week than ever with Henry), get rid of the hiccups (I seem to make babies that really struggle with this problem) and manage to do things with one hand. I'm also remembering how much I love the smell of newborn babies, I'm enjoying that she likes to be held (Henry didn't), how much energy you can have on little sleep, and just how wonderful it is to have a baby again.
I'll do my best to keep everyone updated, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post in the next couple of months while I figure everything out. Stay tuned for when pictures do appear!
 |
| Anne Marie Lasley |
|
|
|
 |
| Henry and Anne |
 |
| Oma and Anne |
 |
| Opa and Anne |
 |
| Mom, Dad, Anne |
 |
| Dad and Anne |
 |
| Milk Coma |
What a great birth story! You are awesome:) Enjoy your "babymoon". Wish I see her in person, but I am glad that you posted so many pics. Take care!
ReplyDeleteYay, what a sweetheart! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Lasley family! Way to go Emily! Nate had to convince me to go to the hospital the last time, too...sometimes they know better than we do! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful. Congratulations! I'm glad everything went so well...and fast! And don't worry, I still have to relearn a ton, even after four!
ReplyDeleteSo, so cute! Congrats to you and Pete and Henry. It's funny how new everything seems when you have a baby, even if you've done it before.
ReplyDeleteI don't like the umbilical cord stump either. It makes me a little queasy.
I'm so happy for you guys! Enjoy your sweet little girl - what fun!
This is so exciting!!! We're very happy for you and can't wait to meet her. Let me know if you want me to take Henry or if you need help cleaning, cooking dinner, etc. She's darling!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Emily! She is so beautiful! She definitely looks like her family. I can't believe how fast your labor was, that is great! Enjoy the newborn stage, I just love little babies!
ReplyDelete