Friday, September 9, 2011

Lincoln Highway Days

We decided to go to the neighboring town's annual celebration, Lincoln Highway Days. They have a lot of activities to participate in, but we stuck to the basics...the parade, and looking at the classic cars and tractors. Henry really enjoyed the parade and received so much candy I couldn't believe it. He sure does have the hang of it and gets excited to see everything go by and run to pick up candy. I will mention that him and the girl he sat by were very polite about sharing candy and only taking what was thrown to them. During the parade I also saw some of the biggest tractors I think I've ever seen.

After the parade we went to the fairgrounds to look at the classic cars and tractors (Pete and Henry looked and I took a break and sat in the shade). Both of the boys had a good time and Henry in particular had a lot of favorites. While at the fairgrounds Henry was delighted to find out that he could go for a ride in this train that was in the parade.



 
I love this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment