Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Henry

Henry is a growing boy and, like Anne, sometimes it's hard to believe how big he's getting and all the things he can do. 
  • He loves to play with friends and forces me to be social. He also enjoys playing with his imaginary friends and they have great fun together, but sometimes get a little loud.
  • He loves going to his sunbeams (Sunday school) class. After we hear all about the snack he got to eat that day then he'll tell us what they learned. 
  • He still loves music and sings a lot. He has started making up his own songs and this morning I was treated to the following song at 5:45am. 'The birds are saying it's time to get up. Open your eyes, just give it a try. You can do it, it's time to get up.' (I'm sure I have some words wrong, but that was the main point of his song).
  • He is getting really good at riding his bike for longer distances and likes to go on bike rides. We tried no training wheels for a day, but it didn't go well. I'm sure he could do it if he wanted to, but like other things he just hasn't decided he wants to yet and I'm not going to push it.
  • Every day I hear, 'Hey Mom, I have a plan' at least a hundred times. He has plans for games we can play, things to go and do, what to eat, etc. If I ever need help figuring things out he is sure to help.
  • He has started to spell a lot of words. He doesn't even come close to spelling them right, but he loves to just say words and then tell us the letters in the words. He is getting better at sounding out the first letter, but that is about it.
  •  He is excited about summer coming so that he can go to swim lessons, go camping and go fishing with Dad. Hopefully we get to do all these things!
Humor update:
  • Last weekend at Oma and Opa's house Henry came up to Oma and said, 'where are the matches?'
  • His favorite flower is a daisy. He was thrilled when he first saw one on a bike ride and loves that they look just like an egg, yellow in the middle and white all around. 
  •  He told someone the other day that we have 8 dogs and 2 frogs. The names for the dogs were quite creative...pepper, salt, blanket, sidewalk.
  • He loves to pretend he is playing with his grandchildren. He pulls them on wagon rides, pushes them on the swing, and tells me things he needs, to take care of his grandchildren.
Ready for church
Rolling out his giant pizza dough

No comments:

Post a Comment