Friday, May 25, 2012

The little engine that could

Henry really likes trains and enjoys reading the book, The Little Engine that Could. The message of this book has really helped me and Henry too. When he gets his bike stuck (training wheels sometimes create more problems) he'll just say to himself 'I think I can, I think I can' until he gets his bike out. Also, every time we get in the car Henry will buckle himself up and as I wait I can hear him saying 'I think I can, I think I can'. Anyways, any time he's having a hard time doing something I just have to remind him about the little engine and he'll usually be able to get it done by himself. If he's too tired, then this doesn't work, but most of the time this helps minimize tantrums and allows Henry to be able to do so much stuff around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment