We had our first traumatic experience when we went hiking last weekend. When we go hiking Pete carries Henry in his front pack. He loves to look around and has fun going along with us. Well, this trail was a bit rocky and I was tripping a lot as we went along. I was walking in front because Pete goes too fast if he is in front. Suddenly I heard Pete stumble and as I turned around Pete and Henry were on the ground and Henry was screaming. I rushed back a couple of steps to them and I wish I was more calm, but I freaked out telling Pete that there was blood all over Henry's head. I know that head wounds bleed a lot, but I just freaked. Pete had stumbled and although he put his arms around Henry his head hit the ground (in retrospect he is probably getting to be too big for the front pack, but I have yet to find a good backpack for him). Anyways, this is why our hike ended early and I sat in the back seat of the car on the way home to keep Henry awake. Pete wanted to check him out when we got home. I'm glad that Pete is learning medicine and was able to determine that Henry did not have a concussion. We got him cleaned up and he is doing just fine, but it made for a rocky start to the day.
Pete also carries our camera and after we knew that Henry was okay we took a look and the camera survived the crash too. :)
Here are a couple pictures of his battle wounds.
Poor Henry! Sorry it was so crazy for you, but at least he didn't need stitches (or the dr visit to go with it.) Sorry I'm economical.
ReplyDeleteSo glad Henry and Pete and the camera are all okay! We sure miss you all!
ReplyDelete