Henry had been waiting a long time (since preschool ended in May) to start school again and was so excited to start Kindergarten and be at school all day. He did express some concern about how I would take care of things at home without him, but mostly he was excited to be in school. After we got his school supplies I had them in his closet waiting. That was too much temptation for Henry and he continued to get them out, organizing them different ways, and then leaving them on the floor for Mae to get. After several warnings, his mean and terrible mom took them away until school started.
His teacher is Mrs. Todd and she is really great. She only made it through 8 days of school before her maternity leave started, but I'm not holding it against her as she has fantastic names for her kids. I love that there are only 14 kids in his class so the kids are able to get a bit more attention. It has been hard for me to adjust to having him in school, and Anne loves to have him at home in the afternoon to play, but school has been really good for us too.
 |
| Here he is on his first day! (Thanks to Randy for helping me with the picture!) |
He looks so grown up!
ReplyDelete